‘It was so frustrating’ to see that a tweet from the @realDonaldTrump account led to the creation of an ad on the site

A top aide to President Donald Trump’s campaign and the vice president’s political operation were hacked last week, prompting a scramble to find the culprits and try to uncover a possible motive for the campaign’s breach, a former top aide told Politico.

The aide, who requested anonymity to discuss the private discussions, said the Trump campaign’s chief of staff, Sam Nunberg, and a senior adviser to the president, Mike Dubke, tweeted a video in August that appeared to be a call from Trump to former Gov.

Gary Johnson, who lost to Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 election.

The video showed a clip of a conversation between Trump and Johnson, in which the candidate told Johnson he should “put the country first” by not nominating a third-party candidate to replace President Obama.

Trump told Johnson the tweet “wouldn’t be good for you,” according to the former aide, whose account is private.

The former aide said the tweet had been seen by several people, and the account that posted it had been identified as a Russian troll farm.

Nunberg, a longtime Trump supporter, was one of the campaign staffers targeted by Russian operatives last week.NUNBERG, the former campaign aide said, was aghast when he learned of the attack.

He quickly deleted the video from his Twitter account and posted a video message to Twitter on Saturday, explaining the tweet was the result of a malicious action and promising to be more forthcoming with the public.

The account later deleted the tweet.

The incident, the first of its kind on Twitter in the Trump era, raised new questions about whether the account could have been used by Russian actors.

The campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on whether the hack was connected to the hacking of the accounts of the two other campaign staffers.

The former aide told the magazine that he and Dubke did not know whether the tweet or video had been deleted.

“It was pretty frustrating,” Nunberg told Politico, adding that he hoped to get to the bottom of what happened and how it could have happened.

“It was like the whole world was watching this, and I was the only one who could really do anything.”

Nunberg told Politico he did not believe he had been hacked, but that he did believe that a Russian hacker had gained access to his account.

“The Russians are just the most cunning of all the world’s hackers,” he said.

The Trump campaign said the video was deleted in the evening.

A spokesman for the Clinton campaign did’t immediately respond when asked if the hacked accounts had been taken offline.

The email addresses of both the Trump and Clinton campaigns did not respond to requests for comment.